UPDATE: February 18, 2022
Thanks to your support I was able to sell out of my Valentine’s gift bags and:
• Raise $755 in Mary Kay sales and cash donations. That’s enough to pay for 150 calls to a crisis line, or a week and a half of groceries for the women and children staying at one of the shelters.
• Drop off 5 gifts to each shelter to be opened on Christmas morning, including four Mary Kay “Hydrate & Soothe Beauty Boxes” ($70 retail each), three Mary Kay clay masks with brushes ($23 retail each), two Mary Kay Travel Roll-Ups ($40 retail each), and one Botanicals Skin Care Set ($70 retail).
• A donation of a photographic print will be making its way to the shelter in my hometown of Woodstock. More news on that coming soon!
This was my first time using my Mary Kay skincare and cosmetics business as a platform to raise funds for a worthy cause, so I definitely learned a lot! I would love to do this again for the holidays next year, so I’ll be thinking of how to take the lessons I learned from this one to make next year’s fundraiser bigger and better.
Thank you again to everyone that purchased a Mary Kay gift bag, donated cash, or simply shared my posts. Every little bit helped! Your kindness and generosity are incredibly appreciated.
Lots of love!
UPDATE: February 1, 2022
100% of the proceeds from the sales of two Mary Kay spa products will be donated to the women’s shelters.
$21 (tax included)
Mint Bliss Energizing Lotion for Feet & Legs with fuzzy socks, a Purdy’s chocolate lolly, and a $10 Mary Kay gift certificate that can be redeemed at marykay.ca/virtue.
$65 (tax included)
Satin Hands Pampering Set (“Fragrance Free”), with Purdy’s chocolate assorted minis, and a $10 Mary Kay gift certificate that can be redeemed at marykay.ca/virtue.
E-transfer: firstname.lastname@example.org. Also accepting credit card, cash, or cheque.
Contact me today before they’re sold out.
Lots of love!
UPDATE: January 16, 2022
Thank you to everyone who generously gave to my 2021 Holiday Fundraiser benefitting the women’s shelters near my home at Ipperwash Beach and in my hometown of Woodstock! With your support, I was able to deliver a number of gorgeous Mary Kay spa items to both shelters just before Christmas, including four “Soothe & Hydrate Beauty Boxes,” a Botanicals skincare set, and a number of other gifts. In addition, I was able to donate $115 to each shelter on Boxing Day.
The bad news is that I didn’t hit my goal of donating $500 to each shelter. The great news is that I’ve reached out to the Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia-Lambton and to Domestic Abuse Service Oxford, and both organizations are in support of me continuing on until Valentine’s Day!
I have several Mint Bliss Energizing Lotions with fuzzy socks left over, as well as a couple of Satin Hands Pampering Sets. So, from now until February 14th, all proceeds from the sale of these items will continue to be donated to the two women’s shelters.
A bonus…They will now come wrapped with Purdys Chocolate!
Stay tuned for pricing on these gorgeous Valentine’s gifts.
Lots of love!
Last-minute Christmas shopping? I still have two Satin Hands Pampering Sets in Fragrance-Free in stock ($51), as well as several Mint Bliss Energizing Lotions with fuzzy socks ($16 + tax). Contact me today to make a purchase!
Dec. 23 – I’ll be making deliveries in Woodstock and will be dropping off donated gifts to Domestic Abuse Services Oxford.
Dec. 24 – I’ll be making deliveries in Sarnia and will be dropping off donated gifts to the Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia-Lambton.
Dec. 25 – I’ll be accepting cash donations via e-transfer (email@example.com) all day on Christmas Day.
Dec. 26 – I’ll be transferring all cash donations and the proceeds from sales to the two women’s shelters.
Jan. 19 – I’ve also started two Facebook fundraisers that will run until my birthday!
My goal is to raise $500 for Domestic Abuse Services Oxford and $500 for the Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia-Lambton.
Please SHARE this page to help me hit my goal!
I’m excited to confirm the second recipient of my 2021 Mary Kay Holiday Fundraiser is the Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia-Lambton.
The Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia and Lambton Inc. (WIH) is a non-profit charitable organization established on Dec. 10th, 1977 to provide emergency shelter and counseling services to abused women and their children in Sarnia-Lambton. The Women’s Interval Home provides 24 hours of emergency and short-term shelter, support, individual and group counseling, transitional services and child witness counseling services.
The other recipient of my Holiday Fundraiser is Domestic Abuse Services Oxford.
Domestic Abuse Services Oxford (DASO) was originally founded as the Women’s Emergency Centre in 1974. Over time they have grown into leaders in providing effective, efficient and accountable services for women and their children and all those impacted by abuse and/or homelessness in Oxford County. Today, their free and confidential programs include a 24/7 crisis line, a 21-bed shelter, a transitional resource program, and counseling and support programs.
There are four ways you can contribute to this fundraiser:
1) MAKE A PURCHASE: Buy one of three Mary Kay spa products (ranging from $16 to $70) for you to pamper yourself or gift to a loved one over the holidays. 100% of the proceeds from your purchase will be split evenly between Domestic Abuse Services Oxford and the Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia-Lambton.
The three gifts are:
- GIFT #1: Mint Bliss Energizing Lotion for Feet & Legs with Holiday Socks – $16 (plus tax)
- GIFT #2: Satin Hands® Pampering Set – $51 (plus tax) – Available in White Tea & Citrus OR Fragrance-Free OR Citrus Rose
- GIFT #3: Beauty Moments: Soothe & Hydrate Box – $70 (plus tax)
I’m offering free personal delivery to anywhere between Sarnia and Woodstock for all three items, along with free shipping to anywhere in Canada on GIFT #2 (Satin Hands Pampering Set) and GIFT #3 (Soothe & Hydrate Beauty Box).
Orders can be submitted to me personally or through my Mary Kay website.
2) DONATE YOUR PURCHASE: Buy one (or all!) of the above Mary Kay spa products and I can donate them directly to the women’s shelters for them to gift to a client of their choice over the holidays.
I will also have a few out-of-catalog items you can bid on which I will be donating directly to the shelters.
3) DONATE CASH: Give the gift of cash either through my fundraiser or directly to Domestic Abuse Services Oxford through the donation page on their website, or to the Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia-Lambton through the donation page on their website. (It all goes to the same place!)
Payment methods include:
- E-transfer (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cheque (Made out to: Monica Virtue)
- Mastercard, Visa, American Express (NOW AVAILABLE!)
NOTE: If you have a tax-exempt number please provide it at the time of purchase. I pay HST directly to Mary Kay at the time I submit my warehouse order and then recoup it back from the customer at the time of the sale. Your tax-exempt number will enable me to recoup the HST from Mary Kay headquarters at the completion of this fundraiser. Thank you! Miigwech!
The last way you can contribute is…
4) SHARE: Share on social media. Not everyone has disposable income to give…But sharing on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and by email is just as valuable and is deeply appreciated!
Stay tuned for more info on how you can participate!