UPDATED: November 29, 2021
I’m excited to confirm the second recipient of my 2021 Mary Kay Holiday Fundraiser is the Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia-Lambton.
The Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia and Lambton Inc. (WIH) is a non-profit charitable organization established on Dec. 10th, 1977 to provide emergency shelter and counseling services to abused women and their children in Sarnia-Lambton. The Women’s Interval Home provides 24 hours of emergency and short-term shelter, support, individual and group counseling, transitional services and child witness counseling services.
The other recipient of my Holiday Fundraiser is Domestic Abuse Services Oxford.
Domestic Abuse Services Oxford (DASO) was originally founded as the Women’s Emergency Centre in 1974. Over time they have grown into leaders in providing effective, efficient and accountable services for women and their children and all those impacted by abuse and/or homelessness in Oxford County. Today, their free and confidential programs include a 24/7 crisis line, a 21-bed shelter, a transitional resource program, and counseling and support programs.
There are four ways you can contribute to this fundraiser:
1) MAKE A PURCHASE: Buy one of three Mary Kay spa products (ranging from $16 to $70) for you to pamper yourself or gift to a loved one over the holidays. 100% of the proceeds from your purchase will be split evenly between Domestic Abuse Services Oxford and the Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia-Lambton.
The three gifts are:
- GIFT #1: Mint Bliss Energizing Lotion for Feet & Legs with Holiday Socks – $16 (plus tax)
- GIFT #2: Satin Hands® Pampering Set – $51 (plus tax) – Available in White Tea & Citrus OR Fragrance-Free OR Citrus Rose
- GIFT #3: Beauty Moments: Soothe & Hydrate Box – $70 (plus tax)
I’m offering free personal delivery to anywhere between Sarnia and Woodstock for all three items, along with free shipping to anywhere in Canada on GIFT #2 (Satin Hands Pampering Set) and GIFT #3 (Soothe & Hydrate Beauty Box).
Orders can be submitted to me personally or through my Mary Kay website.
2) DONATE YOUR PURCHASE: Buy one (or all!) of the above Mary Kay spa products and I can donate them directly to the women’s shelters for them to gift to a client of their choice over the holidays.
I will also have a few out-of-catalog items you can bid on which I will be donating directly to the shelters.
3) DONATE CASH: Give the gift of cash either through my fundraiser or directly to Domestic Abuse Services Oxford through the donation page on their website, or to the Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia-Lambton through the donation page on their website. (It all goes to the same place!)
Payment methods include:
- E-transfer (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cheque (Made out to: Monica Virtue)
- Mastercard, Visa, American Express (NOW AVAILABLE!)
NOTE: If you have a tax-exempt number please provide it at the time of purchase. I pay HST directly to Mary Kay at the time I submit my warehouse order and then recoup it back from the customer at the time of the sale. Your tax-exempt number will enable me to recoup the HST from Mary Kay headquarters at the completion of this fundraiser. Thank you! Miigwech!
The last way you can contribute is…
4) SHARE: Share on social media. Not everyone has disposable income to give…But sharing on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and by email is just as valuable and is deeply appreciated!
Stay tuned for more info on how you can participate!